No home is complete without the pitter patter of doggy feet!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New York to Paris!

Well, I started the month off right and took two full weeks of vacation in celebration of my birthday! Dan and I went to Las Vegas for four days and stayed at the New York - New York hotel on the 43rd floor of the Empire State Building. We took in a couple of shows, visited a few of Vegas' newest casinos and shopping areas, and enjoyed acting like complete tourists! I even made Dan buy foam Statue of Liberty crowns for us to wear out on the strip! As you can imagine, Dan wasn’t too overly thrilled to wear his crown, but he did it anyway because it was my birthday! What a sport! Later that evening, we made our way to the observation deck of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris hotel for a bird's-eye view of the city and its vibrant lights. Nearly 50 stories above the ground, the Eiffel Tower replica at the Paris hotel offers awe-inspiring views of the entire valley and strip. Attached below are three photos of the strip as taken from the observation deck. And no, for those you who are wondering, there was no Parisian proposal or engagement ring in Vegas!

I spent the entire second week doing stuff around the house like cleaning out closets and organizing the garage. I got rid of a ton of stuff and feel so much better for having bit the bullet and tackled these two messy, well overdue projects!

No comments: