No home is complete without the pitter patter of doggy feet!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

I know it's only been a week (one week to the day to be exact), but Dan and I just returned home from our non-honeymoon, honeymoon and I needed a clever title for this month's blog post!

What's a non-honeymoon, honeymoon you ask? Well, it's the kind of honeymoon that comes out of nowhere and catches you off guard the week before the wedding! Yep, the week before the wedding! I'll be sure and write more about it here a little later (and post a few photos when we get them off the camera), but, let me just say, Dan has gotten really, REALLY good at this whole surprise thing!

For months upon months, Dan kept telling me that we were not, and I mean absolutely NOT, going to honeymoon because we couldn't afford both a wedding and a honeymoon. I, of course, continued to lobby for a honeymoon, but, to be completely honest, I really wasn't expecting Dan to change his mind or budge on this whole honeymoon thing. If anything, I was secretly hoping that I could convince him to take a quick trip to South Padre Island, San Antonio, or Las Vegas sometime after the first of the year, but Walt Disney World in Florida the Monday after the wedding was a total and complete surprise! More details and photos to follow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that he has gotten so good at surprising you! Life is full of surprises and you, Ms. Erin, have just now got to experience two of the best surprises ever. Kudos, Dan for pulling off each one of the surprises. You both looked amazing at the wedding. Erin, expect the unexpected with Dan!