No home is complete without the pitter patter of doggy feet!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Back, Back, Back to School Again!

Howdy! Howdy! Just a quick update to let you know that, after ten years of dedicated service to the law firm as a legal assistant (and 16 years total in the legal profession), I’ve decided to re-career and try something new! Yes, indeed!

I started back to school in August with an eye on obtaining an occupational therapy degree and I’ve really been enjoying the challenge of being back at school and learning something new. Why the change? Well, after having lost Dan’s grandma, Bandit, and my grandmother to cancer all within a year and a half, I decided that life is just too short and you have to enjoy it while you can.

In mid-September, I took some time off from work to really think about what I wanted in life, both personally and professionally, and decided that it was time for a change. I needed to find my happiness again and, much like the professionals who were there for our grandmothers and faithful friend, caring for and helping others has always made me happy.

For several weeks, I continued to work full-time (and was taking classes at night), but those days have now come to an end. I’ve postponed and cancelled way too many things in the name of work and, just last month, after a disagreement with my boss over the duties of my desk, I was relieved of my responsibilities and asked to leave the firm.

Truthfully, I absolutely love the firm and the people working there, but, to be completely honest, I haven’t been very happy with the actual job for quite a while and, after a decade, it was simply time for me to move on and, in my mind, find something a little more rewarding. That said, I’m happy about the change and I’m very much looking forward to what the future will bring! I have no ill feelings towards the firm and/or my ex-boss and I wish them continued success.

So! There you have it! I am no longer a working woman and I’m officially a student and stay-at-home dog Mom! Yippie! What a welcomed opportunity!

No comments: