As I lay in bed yesterday morning trying to come up with something to blog about for the month of May, I hear the pitter patter of puppy paws, the click clack of the doggy door, and the familiar sounds of squeaky-squeaky-squeaky, bark, grrrr, bark-bark, pant-pant-pant… The sounds of the spotted hounds playing in the kitchen and backyard.It’s been almost a year and half now since Daisy’s adoption and I’m happy to report that all three pups still enjoy each other’s company. They wrestle, play tag and keep away, and run back and forth chasing birds out of the back yard. Scout and Daisy like to play tug with just about any toy they come across and Bandit and Daisy can often be found roaming the perimeter of the yard, sniffing around nose to nose.
If you didn’t already know this about me, I absolutely love my dogs. Heck! My i-Pod has an entire playlist dedicated to dog music, complete with 42 different songs about dogs. My top 3 favorite dog songs are: “The Dog Song” by Nellie McKay, “Your Adorable Beast” by Bobby Bare, Jr., and “I want to be a Coyote” by Jonathan Hoffman. If interested, you can listen to samples of each of these songs on i-Tunes and purchase them for yourself. Dan’s favorite song on the playlist is “Dog” by Brian Bowers.
The kids love their backyard and, if they’re not inside loyally laying at your feet, you can find all three out back playing, lounging around, or sniffing about. There is a happy balance of tender puppy moments and canine chaos in this house and I’m grateful for the joy that Scout, Bandit, and Daisy bring to my life.
Here’s a recent photo of Scout and Daisy playing tug with the fuzzy blue thing Dan calls “Sully” (as in Sully from the movie, Monsters, Inc.)
No comments:
Post a Comment