No home is complete without the pitter patter of doggy feet!

Monday, January 31, 2011

The Household of the Spotted Hounds

Hmmm... I guess I don’t have anything too terribly exciting to report this month, other than all is well in the household of the spotted hounds! I'm still not working, but Dan and I are super content and the kids are just as happy and healthy as ever, plus the pups absolutely LOVE that I’m home and that they’re able to play and play all day (or at least a good portion of the day anyway)!

Unfortunately, I don’t have any recent photos of the babies to share with you (other than our Christmas photo, which you should have already received), but I do have this nice little photo of Dan and me! It was taken in October on our 1-year anniversary by the same photographer that took our engagement and wedding photos. I’ll post a few other photos from our anniversary at the bottom of this entry, but we shot the session down by the river (along the bosque) and, from the look of this photo, you can hardly tell it was only a mere 55 degrees and that we were contending with the same gail force winds as our wedding day! Ha! I also threw out my back something fierce that very morning and could barely sit, stand, or walk, but hey! That’s okay! We look good!

School started back up on the 10th and, even though I'm WAY outside my comfort zone with these medical and health/fitness classes, I'm really, REALLY enjoying them! The challenge of learning something new and different is very much welcomed (and appreciated) and I just love it! I really should have done this a long, LONG time ago! Medical math and terminology, you don’t scare me! Neither do you, 2-hour fitness ball class!

Darby and I are also still running the agility obstacle course at his school once a week and, even though we don't put in near enough practice hours at home, he’s pretty darn good and is consistent at hitting his marks. And talk about great exercise! In order for me to guide Darby through the course, I pretty much have to run right alongside him and give him the proper commands and hand signals, so there’s quite a bit of “get-up-and-go” on my part and I absolutely LOVE it! All that fresh air and sunshine just make me feel so happy and alive, plus Darby is too stinkin' cute for words!

Whew! You might think I have a full plate with school, cake decorating, and agility, but would believe that I’ve also signed up for a water exercise class that meets twice a week, as well as stained glass classes at a local glassworks studio/gallery!?! Yes, indeed! I’m also considering adding a Zumba dance class into the mix, but I have not yet made the official commitment. I’ll keep you posted!



No comments: