No home is complete without the pitter patter of doggy feet!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Chirp! Chirp! Tweet! Chirp!

Well, now that we’ve finally emerged from the negative-number deep freeze of a few weeks ago, the sweet, soothing sounds of chirping birds are a much welcomed sign of spring! Yes indeed! A pair of plump little robins have taken up residence in our neighbor’s tree and their songs have awoken me each morning for the past couple of days - Chirp! Chirp! Tweet! Chirp! They make me smile!

It’s been so incredibly nice these past few days that I’ve even had the windows and doors open all day today and it’s been absolutely wonderful! So-much-so that I can’t wait to get outside and do some gardening! Shock! That said, I know just what I want to plant this year, but, until then, I will just have to enjoy the fresh cut flowers on my table. As a matter of fact, here’s a photo of the pretty, bright colored blooms that I bought today!

The warm weather and sunshine have also motivated me to start in on some spring cleaning. I’ve actually been purging and getting rid of things all winter, but now I feel like I can tackle a little cleaning, as well. I’ll probably pull down the blinds and wash them tomorrow, dust off the ceiling fans and bookshelves on Wednesday, and then scrub the carpets and floors later in the week. Anyone want to help?

The dogs have also been enjoying the change of season. They have been a little more active and, of course, very busy in the backyard. The grass is still dry and dormant, but, since the weather was so nice, we went ahead and opened up the yard for them to run around in on Saturday and, after a few good hours of wrestling and rolling around, they came into the house looking like hay bales with tails! Hilarious! I’ve never seen them with bigger smiles on their faces and they were just covered in grass from head to toe and panting up a storm! Happy, happy dogs!

No comments: