As many of you already know, Dan and I (together with his family) have had to make some unexpected adjustments in our lives over the past few months and, because of this (and because of my demanding course load), Dan and I have had to scale back some of our extracurricular activities. That’s not to say, however, that we haven’t had any fun or done any of the autumn-related things we love… we’ve just had to “think on our feet” and be both flexible and creative to squeeze it all in!We began the month by mixing a little work with pleasure while photographing and attending our good friends’ tenth wedding anniversary get-together! Fun! Congratulations Alli and Von!
The second weekend of October brought hours of balloon fiesta fun and my Mom's homemade caramel rolls! Yum! Sadly, we missed the opening weekend of the fiesta (because I had to study for exams), but we did get out there… eventually! As a matter of fact, Dan’s cousins from Texas came for a visit with their two little ones and we took them down onto the field and really enjoyed ourselves!
The next thing on our list of things to do in October was our annual trip to Fourth of July Canyon to check out the fall foliage on the 16th! My Dad tagged along with us this year (something fun and different), and, as always, the colors in the canyon were amazing! The photo in the upper right hand corner of this blog post is from this year’s visit. We also made our way out to McCall’s Pumpkin Patch in Moriarity on the 23rd with our cute, little friend, Noah, and his parents. We somehow missed the duck races while we were there, but we did take a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and successfully navigated the corn maze!
The 24th was, of course, our second wedding anniversary and, even though we didn’t go on any special trip or book a room at the hacienda (because of the recent family developments), we celebrated with a lovely dinner at Marcello’s Chophouse and an anniversary photo shoot with our wedding photographer! We have not yet seen our photos, but, once they’re ready, I’ll be sure and post at least one to the blog!
That brings me to today, Halloween 2011. I had great ambitions for costumes this year, but, since I was hit with exam after exam this month, I wasn’t able to finish them. Bummer! I did, however, crank out a costume for my sister and she seems to have been pleased with it. Whoo-hoo! She and her husband are expecting their second child in November and she wanted to be a pregnant skeleton, so I sketched and cut out all the bones on sticky felt and she attached them to a shirt! Neat, huh? I, myself, have not seen the finished product, so I sure hope she remembers to send photos!
Happy Halloween! Be safe!
P.S. For those of you who are unaware of the recent family developments alluded to above, I will explain them a little later.
No comments:
Post a Comment