My, oh my! How in the heck does time go by so very, very quickly? Scheesh! It seems like Dan and I were celebrating our second anniversary just the other day! Dang! Blink and life might simply pass you by!!! Crazy!?! Anyhoo! I’m sorry to have to tell you this, but I am, once again, going to have to keep this month's blog post short, sweet, and to the point because I am smack-dab in the middle of finals! Yep! Finals! Can you believe it? Oh, and speaking of anniversary, we just got our photos back from our photographer. What do you think? A few other photos are posted below.All is well here in the household of the spotted hounds! The munchkins are happy and healthy, as are Dan and I. We still haven’t done anything too overly exciting by way of day trips or vacation because of our busy work and school schedules, but Dan and I do take time everyday to appreciate and enjoy the “little things” life has to offer, including each other’s company and the waggly tails and smiling faces of our furry friends who happily greet us each and every morning and every evening when we return! We are happy and we are healthy! We are also pleased to announce the arrival of our new niece, Holly Marie who was born at 3:55 p.m. on November 17th. Unlike her adorable, big sister Myah, Holly arrived about a week early and weighed in at 7 lbs 12 oz (she also measured 19.25” in length). I can’t tell just yet from the photos who Holly takes after in appearance, but she does have a whole head of striking, dark brown hair like my sister! My Mom left Thanksgiving Day for North Dakota and will be spending another week or so there with the newest member of the family. Welcome baby Holly and congratulations Kerry and Darin!
Last, but not least, here's a little update about school. Despite the warnings I received about my course load, school is going very well for me this semester. I am taking chemistry, biology, and each of the respective science labs. It’s been a very hard semester, but a good semester. I have really had to work my butt off studying, but all that hard work has, at long last, paid off! I am going into finals with a 98%, a 99%, a 99.9%, and a 100.3% in each of my four classes! Whoo-hoo! All I have to do now is show up for each final and pass with a grade of C or better to keep my 4.0 GPA! Toot! Toot! I'm saying loud and I'm saying it proud! Up next… anatomy and physiology (and a very worrisome cadaver lab). I am a bit nervous about the lab and, more specifically, about working with cadavers, but, if I can get through that, I can get through anything, right? Right… If I survive the cadaver lab, I will need to take another round of anatomy and physiology (for a total of two), one more cadaver lab (for a total of two), two more psychology classes, and a statistics class before I can start applying to medical school, but that’s it! I’ll be all set to go in about 2 semesters! Yay! I have not yet decided if I’ll go ahead and nab the pre-med, associate’s degree first or just move on to medical school, but, if I don’t get accepted into medical school right away (which is always a possibility), I’ll just keep plugging along towards the associate’s degree while I apply and re-apply – which, of course, will be just fine because I really do love school!!!
Well, that’s about all for now! Sorry my posts have become so short and blah! Maybe the photos below will help make up for all the lackluster reads these past few months? Ha!


No comments:
Post a Comment