No home is complete without the pitter patter of doggy feet!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well, I don’t have all that much to write about for the month of December other than I survived finals and I am very much enjoying my winter break! During my time off, I’ve cranked out a couple of craft projects, baked a few cakes, and done a bit of sifting, sorting, and organizing in the garage (and parted with a TON of stuff)! As you might expect, I have also sneaked in some time to spend with family and friends and, hold your breath, done a little cooking! Shock! I’ve made several different meals for Dan’s parents (that is, the few things I actually know how to prepare/cook) and Dan and I made our very first batch of tamales with our friend Frankie and his family the week after Christmas. Yum! We have also been able to make several trips over to my parents’ house just to hang out and “fatten up” on my Dad’s holiday candies, especially the Brandy soaked, chocolate covered cherries! Just before Christmas, we also watched one of my all time, very most favorite movies, The Muppet Christmas Carol, with our little buddy Noah and his parents and, separate from the movie, enjoyed a dinner out with our good friends Steve and Roberta. We also met up with our Farmington friends Shelly and Vernon, together with each of their kids, just before they dropped their daughter off at the airport and had a nice visit with them. I was also able to spend some quality time with two of my favorite people, Amy and Katie, the very first Monday after finals and spent two entire afternoons with my friend Carrie helping her plan her daughter’s graduation party, as well as working on her scrapbook album and putting together a super cute diaper cake for her boss’s baby shower. Fun! Fun! Fun! That said, I don’t know what all this next semester might bring, but it is my resolution for 2012 to continue to make time for family and friends and for me to do a little something I enjoy each week, including something craft-related like stamping, scrapbooking, or decorating!

No comments: